Author Topic: Slaughtneil  (Read 13993 times)

Avondhu star

• View Profile
Re: Slaughtneil
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2017, 04:38:39 PM »
Roscommon's Clann na nGael kept coming back, and back, and back.
A very good club side but just couldnt go the extra step at club final level
We have declared for an Irish Republic. We will live under no other law

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2017, 05:28:05 PM »
Eire Og in Carlow too...win numerous Leinster titles but couldn't push on.

Walter Cronc

• UTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2017, 05:30:39 PM »
Other than Kilcoo, Scotstown and possibly Cross there's not a whole lot in Ulster to seriously challenge them so they may well be back.

oakleaflad

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2017, 05:50:18 PM »
Ulster Hurling and Camogie champions again. Would be some achievement if they could retain the football title too. I wouldn't bet against it though.

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2017, 07:05:21 PM »
Ulster Hurling and Camogie champions again. Would be some achievement if they could retain the football title too. I wouldn't bet against it though.

This run Slaughtneil are on really is incredible. They've been on the road now for a long time without much of a break, and a good few of them dual players to boot. Collectively they've some fire in the bellies.

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2017, 07:09:46 PM »

This run Slaughtneil are on really is incredible. They've been on the road now for a long time without much of a break, and a good few of them dual players to boot. Collectively they've some fire in the bellies.

Unless theyíre all IC players itís hard to make out they havenít had a break.

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2017, 07:15:31 PM »

You're due a break

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2017, 07:20:50 PM »

You're due a break

You got corrected and this is your response. Nice.

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2017, 07:42:03 PM »
Open to debate whether he got corrected or not laddo

currychip

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2017, 07:52:25 PM »

Why bother making a comment like that.  He was just pointing up that they are high achievers.  Derry clubs dont win hurling titles.  They did back to back and a big proportion of that team excel at football as well.

Champion The Wonder Horse

• Like the swiftest arrow whizzin from a bow
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2017, 08:36:12 PM »

At this juncture, I would just like to point that you do not have a clue.

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2017, 08:39:17 PM »

At this juncture, I would just like to point that you do not have a clue.

Feeling a bit left out... whats a IC player?

Newbridge Exile

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2017, 08:52:29 PM »
Intercounty I would hazard a guess

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2017, 09:07:43 PM »
Ok... thanks

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2017, 10:25:30 PM »

Why bother making a comment like that.  He was just pointing up that they are high achievers.  Derry clubs dont win hurling titles.  They did back to back and a big proportion of that team excel at football as well.

I have huge respect for what Slaughtneil have done. I don't know who wouldn't. But it's wrong to say they've had no break, realistically only McKaigue and the like have went without much of a break and even then Derry didn't exactly have that long of a summer. Their achievements stand high enough to be worthy of praise without adding unrealistic relish to it.