Author Topic: Tom Humphries  (Read 11793 times)

Main Street

• View Profile
Re: Tom Humphries
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2017, 09:29:49 PM »
How?
Bob Dylan hasn't killed anybody so I haven't a clue how I would feel about his music in that hypothetical event. I might be affected or I might not, I don't know.
Bob Dylan's art versus the Nanny Goat's? I don't know about you  but as it stands now, nobel prize winner  Bob is a messiah in the world of art/music
I might find it difficult to separate Bob from his art or I might not and carry on appreciating his work.  but i have no difficulty with consigning Humphries'  tiny contribution   to the world of art  to the dustbin.
Therefore your argument is fallacious.

Even if you use a more realistic example , say Michael Jackson  .
If a person really liked MJ's music but believed him guilty of child sex abuse, did it affect that person's  relationship to his music?
However, even with that more realistic example, Jackson's contribution to the world of music and art is by an infinite factor, much greater than Humphries'. so I might well make an exception and still hold MJs music in high esteem, just as I might  Mozart's music.
 I don't have that much of a relationship with Humphries' work, in the scheme of things it made a very small contribution to art and culture in society,  it's in the past and I can just forget about it without missing a heartbeat.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 09:36:17 PM by Main Street »

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2017, 10:07:29 AM »
Doesn't seem to bother any in the media and music that Chuck Berry did time in jail for molesting a 14-year-old girl...

Avondhu star

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2017, 11:43:59 AM »
Doesn't seem to bother any in the media and music that Chuck Berry did time in jail for molesting a 14-year-old girl...
My ding a ling was about the front door bell wasnt it?
Warning. Don't try this at home unless in the company of a responsible adult

twohands!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2017, 04:33:19 PM »
How?
Bob Dylan hasn't killed anybody so I haven't a clue how I would feel about his music in that hypothetical event. I might be affected or I might not, I don't know.
Bob Dylan's art versus the Nanny Goat's? I don't know about you  but as it stands now, nobel prize winner  Bob is a messiah in the world of art/music
I might find it difficult to separate Bob from his art or I might not and carry on appreciating his work.  but i have no difficulty with consigning Humphries'  tiny contribution   to the world of art  to the dustbin.
Therefore your argument is fallacious.

Even if you use a more realistic example , say Michael Jackson  .
If a person really liked MJ's music but believed him guilty of child sex abuse, did it affect that person's  relationship to his music?
However, even with that more realistic example, Jackson's contribution to the world of music and art is by an infinite factor, much greater than Humphries'. so I might well make an exception and still hold MJs music in high esteem, just as I might  Mozart's music.
 I don't have that much of a relationship with Humphries' work, in the scheme of things it made a very small contribution to art and culture in society,  it's in the past and I can just forget about it without missing a heartbeat.

That you know of  ;)

armaghniac

• View Profile
if at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B