Author Topic: Death Notices  (Read 493546 times)

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
Re: Death Notices
« Reply #4545 on: March 19, 2017, 10:29:23 AM »
Just saw that Jeremy Clarkson died on the interweb, probably fake news as it would have been on here him being so popular and all.

Your conspiracy theorist adopted second cousin of your mate doesn't count as "news". Just another stupid **** on Twitter.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Denn Forever

• Any means neccessary
    • View Profile
    • Malcolm x
« Reply #4546 on: March 19, 2017, 10:36:41 AM »
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

seafoid

• View Profile
"you can try and intimidate us, but f**k youse, we're going to win an All-Ireland anyway"

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: March 19, 2017, 03:20:00 PM »
Every artist is entitled to one aberration.. Chuck Berry's was 'My Ding-a-ling'  Dreadful but otherwise he was superb. 

Red Hand Man

• View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: March 19, 2017, 10:16:31 PM »
Derry City Captain, Ryan McBride. 27.

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: March 20, 2017, 06:56:41 AM »
Derry City Captain, Ryan McBride. 27.
Do they know what happened?
Very sad,only 27.

thejuice

• View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: March 20, 2017, 08:48:45 AM »
Every artist is entitled to one aberration.. Chuck Berry's was 'My Ding-a-ling'  Dreadful but otherwise he was superb.

That wasn't his only aberration if we're talking about him as a person too. Great musician and made rock and roll what it is today but a pretty terrible character by most accounts.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Owen Brannigan

• View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: March 20, 2017, 10:22:35 AM »

That wasn't his only aberration if we're talking about him as a person too. Great musician and made rock and roll what it is today but a pretty terrible character by most accounts.

The backlash has begun with media. Most people will be unaware of his 1961 conviction for the transportation of a 14-year-old girl across a state border for "immoral purposes" for which he served time and his 1990 decision to pay a settlement to 59 women who accused him of secretly filming them in bathrooms in his Missouri restaurant, and subsequently brought a class action lawsuit against him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/chuck-berry-tributes-prompt-online-anger-critics-ask-should/

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: March 20, 2017, 12:05:48 PM »
I haven't seen it reported on here, but Tony's Dad passed, I saw it in the IN week before last. We all may differ with him from time to time, but losing a parent is tough. Condolences Tony, May He Rest in Peace.

Dire Ear

• View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: March 20, 2017, 12:23:10 PM »
Rest In Peace , Mr Fearon.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: March 20, 2017, 12:47:51 PM »
Ceol na n'aingil go gcloisfídh sé
"you can try and intimidate us, but f**k youse, we're going to win an All-Ireland anyway"

Hardy

• View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: March 20, 2017, 04:08:47 PM »
Condolences to Tony Fearon.
I studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through - L.Cohen

Hardy

• View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: March 20, 2017, 04:22:57 PM »

A friend of mine who played in his tour band on a European tour back in the seventies has good stories about his legendary meanness (in all senses). He would advertise for and audition European musicians for his tours because it was cheaper than flying a band from the US. He would refuse to go on stage before being paid, cash only. Many a gig started very late as promoters and their minions put together the required wad of cash at a late hour.

He would hardly communicate at all with his band. They would travel separately, the band in a van, Chuck by air presumably, and meet only on stage. One of the few communications of more than one word he ever had with a band member was before one gig when the band had set up, everything was ready and Chuck was sitting outside in his limo awaiting showtime. One of the band decided to ask Chuck to autograph the sheet music for one of the hits (that was a thing then, apparently). So he goes out to the limo and taps on the window. The window lowers an inch and yer man asks Chuck if he'll sign the yoke. The response is a two-word suggestion and the window closes.
I studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through - L.Cohen

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: March 20, 2017, 04:45:37 PM »
Good story, Hardy. Sounds like he had an "old school" approach. His will should make for interesting reading.