Author Topic: Duffy  (Read 10962 times)

Silver hill

• View Profile
Duffy
« on: October 18, 2013, 02:43:21 PM »
I'm not a fan of Mullan and would also have question marks surrounding his appointment, however he would have played no part in the hearings process. Duffy was retrospectively sanctioned using the county board's own DVD evidence. I don't think that any right minded Gael would have a problem with his ban even if it had only been that photograph. There would have been enough cccc personnel there who would have seen the incident live. If Duffy or foreglen have anything in them, they should accept the decision.

Silver hill

• View Profile
Re: Duffy
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 02:44:49 PM »
Didn't mean this to be a separate thread before you start!

TransitVanMan

• The Keystone Cops
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 02:48:56 PM »
Quite frankly I'm embarrassed for our club.

Considering what we have been excused this year, to turn around and petition for sanction against other players is hypocritical to say the least!!
Get in the Van!

bigball

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 04:09:03 PM »

Considering what we have been excused this year, to turn around and petition for sanction against other players is hypocritical to say the least!!

I would very much doubt that you're a Glen man as your posts show you have serious issues with the club!

Also please get your facts right - Glen club have made no petition for sanction and have never been in contact with the the county board or CCC re. the Duffy incident. That's not to say any tears have been shed on his suspension.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 05:43:54 PM »

I would very much doubt that you're a Glen man as your posts show you have serious issues with the club!

Also please get your facts right - Glen club have made no petition for sanction and have never been in contact with the the county board or CCC re. the Duffy incident. That's not to say any tears have been shed on his suspension.

Ah here do you not think the player in question posting a photo of the incident was the main factor in the suspension?!

bigball

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 06:22:29 PM »

Ah here do you not think the player in question posting a photo of the incident was the main factor in the suspension?!

That may/may not be the case but how is does that infer that Glen Club have been petitioning for sanctions against Duffy? The player in question wasn't acting on behalf of the Glen club. It was done in a personal capacity (and IMO was 100% correct in doing so).

TransitVanMan

• The Keystone Cops
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 10:14:31 PM »

Strange that, in your rush to cast aspersions about me, you chose not to challenge my first point.

Play the ball not the man (pun intended).
Get in the Van!

Mrs mills

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 06:07:36 PM »
If this player returns, having turned over a new leaf, he should not be targeted by opponents nor by supporters. If he proves to be the proverbial leopard, then he should never play again. Let's hope he uses his considerable talent to play football in the spirit of the game.

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 08:13:15 PM »
nobody will target him, he plays the football he have no problems, i rate this man as a good footballer and a year in the top league will see if he has anything to offer Derry