Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 7727369 times)

Mrs mills

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #57000 on: March 25, 2017, 12:13:25 PM »
What do all the top managers have in common? Gavin, Harte, O'Rourke and Fitzmaurice all remain quiet and composed along the line. I wonder if any one of them was in charge of a struggling team, would he be the same?

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #57001 on: March 26, 2017, 03:28:37 PM »
Derry giving away another 20points the day! What passes for defence these days? That us down!  Last time we ended up in division 3 was on the format change to the league 1 year! First time i remember us going down at our own(managers) hands though nearly managed that against westmeath bck in 2012- tyrone saved us that day! All thats left now is been put to the slaughter against tyrone

Mrs mills

• View Profile
« Reply #57002 on: March 26, 2017, 06:02:39 PM »
Derry will beat Fermanagh and Down will lose to Cork. Another week for the Slaughtneil men to bed in to the system and for Lynch and Heavron to get sharper. That's all it will take. Have faith.

The Stallion

• View Profile
« Reply #57003 on: March 26, 2017, 06:33:11 PM »
Faith lol.

braveheart

• View Profile
« Reply #57004 on: March 26, 2017, 06:43:51 PM »
Derry will beat Fermanagh and Down will lose to Cork. Another week for the Slaughtneil men to bed in to the system and for Lynch and Heavron to get sharper. That's all it will take. Have faith.
System?

The Stallion

• View Profile
« Reply #57005 on: March 26, 2017, 07:21:47 PM »
Exactly. There is no system on the evidence to date. But some idiots would have us believe the optimal strategy is to persist and have blind faith rather than replacing the management.

Mrs mills

• View Profile
« Reply #57006 on: March 26, 2017, 07:42:51 PM »
Power, pace, presence and panache. The four Ps to describe the Cork team today. Some of the Rebels had two of those, some had three. Kerrigan had all four. Despite his playing for the opposition, he was a treat to watch.

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #57007 on: March 26, 2017, 08:14:56 PM »
There is no system - any good elements today were of a very individual nature.  Mark Lynch owes nothing to Derry but to expect him to turn matches around while clearly not totally fit is too big an ask at this stage.  Trust that young Rocks makes a speedy and full recovery.  We just escaped relegation last year, not sure that papering over the larger cracks now would have much long-term benefit.  Division 3 just might be the real wake-up call needed? 

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #57008 on: March 26, 2017, 09:54:58 PM »
In general all things in life been rosy i seen the following as Derrys Strongest team in theory this year,

B McKinless, ( keepers in general is a issue in Derry at the minute) G McKinless, B Rodgers, D McBride, S McGoldrick, C Mckaigue, C McFaul, E Bradley, P Cassidy, E Lynn, M Lynch, D Heaveron, E Bradley, E McGuckin, R Bell, that on paper should Be near Derry strongest team,

Subs, C bradley, J Kielt, C Kielt, K Johnson, M Craig, C O`Boyle, T O`Brien, D Tallon, N Keenan, Patsy Bradley, L McGoldrick, N Loughlin, N Holly with J Doherty, and the young lads a year or too away yet. Toner, Duffy, McKaigue, C Mullan are other i left out

How many are playing and in the right position and actually fit? Is it up to the manager to manage players and egos and bring them together for the best of the county?

Mrs mills

• View Profile
« Reply #57009 on: March 26, 2017, 10:52:13 PM »
Manage egos? It's an amateur teamsport. First sign of egotistical behaviour...there's the gate. Turn left for Derry City and right for Dungiven and all points south.

The Stallion

• View Profile
« Reply #57010 on: March 26, 2017, 11:06:21 PM »
Aye sure just have blind faith it will all pan out ok eh? Lol.

Mrs mills

• View Profile
« Reply #57011 on: March 27, 2017, 12:32:07 AM »
Imagine a pig
In a big purple wig
Imagine a car
In the shape of a star
Imagine a bear
Wearing pink underwear
Imagine a fox
With blue woollen socks
Imagine your team in Division 2
No need to imagine
It's true!!

allseasons

• View Profile
« Reply #57012 on: March 27, 2017, 10:51:54 AM »
Thanks for that happy little poem Mrs, really did cheer up my Monday morning  :D
1) Do you feel Barton and his management team are doing a good job?
2)Do you feel they are up to the task of transforming Derry into genuine ulster championship contenders?
Please no imagining, bluster, smokescreens etc, etc. as I really don't want a who could do a better job type answer. Just your opinion, no biggie!

tonesfirstandlast

• View Profile
« Reply #57013 on: March 27, 2017, 12:04:18 PM »
Thanks for that happy little poem Mrs, really did cheer up my Monday morning  :D
1) Do you feel Barton and his management team are doing a good job?
2)Do you feel they are up to the task of transforming Derry into genuine ulster championship contenders?
Please no imagining, bluster, smokescreens etc, etc. as I really don't want a who could do a better job type answer. Just your opinion, no biggie!

I was one of the 400 in Celtic park yesterday.
They are not doing a good job
They are not capable of transforming them into ulster championship contenders
Nobody is capable of doing so
Have you ever heard the saying , you cannot make a silk puss out of a sows ear

The Stallion

• View Profile
« Reply #57014 on: March 27, 2017, 12:25:05 PM »
No, never heard that one to be honest.