Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 8372280 times)

Mrs mills

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #57000 on: March 29, 2017, 11:37:10 PM »
An outsider will cost 30,000 minimum. You all need to join Club Derry to help with this.

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #57001 on: March 29, 2017, 11:50:29 PM »
But only if you are not a member already.  ;)

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #57002 on: March 30, 2017, 06:50:45 AM »
An outsider will cost 30,000 minimum. You all need to join Club Derry to help with this.

Some outside high profile managers who might be interested/available- Brian Mullins, Brian Mciver, Paddy Tally, Brian Mcguckin, Seamus Mceneaney, Jim Mccorry, John Morrison, Paddy O'Rourke. Take your pick lads.

Waataboutyee

• View Profile
« Reply #57003 on: March 30, 2017, 08:55:06 AM »

Some outside high profile managers who might be interested/available- Brian Mullins, Brian Mciver, Paddy Tally, Brian Mcguckin, Seamus Mceneaney, Jim Mccorry, John Morrison, Paddy O'Rourke. Take your pick lads.
Director of football and current assistant manager are hardly "outside high profile managers" Lenny  ::)

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #57004 on: March 30, 2017, 09:05:43 AM »

Director of football and current assistant manager are hardly "outside high profile managers" Lenny  ::)

Forgot to mention Kevin Madden and John Rafferty.

echoleafy

• View Profile
« Reply #57005 on: March 30, 2017, 09:24:23 AM »
Bit left field but what about Tony McEntee? Winning mentality and doing well in Mayo.

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #57006 on: March 30, 2017, 10:03:49 AM »
Bit left field but what about Tony McEntee? Winning mentality and doing well in Mayo.

Not sure if he's high profile enough  ;). Why not just go for Jim Gavin or Eamon  Fitzmaurice? Have you a large benefactor in mind?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:30:59 AM by lenny »

Mrs mills

• View Profile
« Reply #57007 on: March 30, 2017, 10:48:28 AM »
Start with 5k in travel expenses for any of those men from further afield. Add in 8-10k fee for each of his two assistants and then 20k for the main man. The halftime draw money should cover it.

The Stallion

• View Profile
« Reply #57008 on: March 30, 2017, 10:53:36 AM »
I would prefer Derry appointed someone from within the county myself. I've been in favour of outside managers myself in the past but I'm now of the opinion that clubs and counties should appoint from within.

No point wasting money on some mercenary who will be fine in a year or two. Also I personally feel it goes against the whole ethos of what the GAA should be about.

Kickham csc

• View Profile
« Reply #57009 on: March 30, 2017, 11:32:41 AM »

Seriously JM, Derry would be in Div 4 if he was in charge

Mrs mills

• View Profile
« Reply #57010 on: March 30, 2017, 11:33:14 AM »
Time for that list of successors then Stallion

The Stallion

• View Profile
« Reply #57011 on: March 30, 2017, 11:45:21 AM »
I don't have a list of names for you as I have already explained on more than one occasion. Without interviewing each prospective candidate to get their views and opinions on various matters, I am unable to tell you the best candidate for the job.

I would have thought that was obvious but you seem fixated with me giving you names. It's a rather curious obsession you have and may be indicative of deep seated psychological issues.

Unfortunately I am not in a position to facilitate your mental health requirements. Please seek professional help.

Waataboutyee

• View Profile
« Reply #57012 on: March 30, 2017, 12:18:49 PM »
I don't have a list of names for you as I have already explained on more than one occasion. Without interviewing each prospective candidate to get their views and opinions on various matters, I am unable to tell you the best candidate for the job.

I would have thought that was obvious but you seem fixated with me giving you names. It's a rather curious obsession you have and may be indicative of deep seated psychological issues.

Unfortunately I am not in a position to facilitate your mental health requirements. Please seek professional help.
Bit harsh here Stallion, although possibly true.
Just out of curiosity Millsy, who would you recommend for the 30k a year job? Fancy it yourself?

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #57013 on: March 30, 2017, 12:41:42 PM »
Start with 5k in travel expenses for any of those men from further afield. Add in 8-10k fee for each of his two assistants and then 20k for the main man. The halftime draw money should cover it.

Pk, what is your role up round Derry at the minute?

Mrs mills

• View Profile
« Reply #57014 on: March 30, 2017, 12:43:09 PM »
I'm booked in already. Thanks for the support, though.
So, I would suggest that each of the managers to date, when interviewed, may have come up with answers to your liking, Stallion. Only when a manager takes up the reins (apologies for the idiom) and has a few games over him, do you get to know if he is suited to the job.
There are a few other challenges too. What if he is sound, but brings along a coach who doesn't cut the mustard or a trainer who falls short of expectations (as determined by the inner sanctum of players)? Who tells him? Is he invited to dispense with them?
Things are never as straightforward as they might seem.