Author Topic: ANTRIM HURLING  (Read 2739613 times)

Last Man

• You wont like it when i get angry
    • View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #36210 on: March 16, 2017, 06:20:50 PM »
at the moment we have the numbers and the guys looking after the reserves are keen to get them games. We are happy to go where-ever to get them.

Sure you could go to Down aswell then.
Aye, and whats your point?

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36211 on: March 16, 2017, 06:30:04 PM »
at the moment we have the numbers and the guys looking after the reserves are keen to get them games. We are happy to go where-ever to get them.

He is a WUM. Anyways last man make sure you're playing the southy leagues  ;)
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Last Man

• View Profile
« Reply #36212 on: March 16, 2017, 07:10:48 PM »

Aye wouldnt that make your life easy MR.lol. i'll just let the young guns torment you.

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #36213 on: March 16, 2017, 07:26:11 PM »

Go for the hat trick lol.. St Endas are a very good club and it's great to see them competing. Used to love the St Endas social club after games, many a night I spent in it.

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #36214 on: March 16, 2017, 07:27:30 PM »

Maybe a WUM but at least I'm not an arrogant tw@t like yourself Dazza boy.

Last Man

• View Profile
« Reply #36215 on: March 16, 2017, 09:23:06 PM »

Aye wouldnt that make your life easy MR.lol. i'll just let the young guns torment you.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #36216 on: March 17, 2017, 12:00:31 AM »

Good stuff, great wee hurlers on show on Sunday, with plenty to come on board.. need to progress and give those lads a platform to maintain the effort you and the rest have put in!

Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Last Man

• View Profile
« Reply #36217 on: March 17, 2017, 07:49:40 AM »

Good stuff, great wee hurlers on show on Sunday, with plenty to come on board.. need to progress and give those lads a platform to maintain the effort you and the rest have put in!
With the glass ceiling getting thicker every year FS ::)

Hand up

• View Profile
« Reply #36218 on: March 21, 2017, 08:33:26 AM »
I see the minors had a big win over Laois on Saturday, any reports on their performance?

theskull1

• View Profile
« Reply #36219 on: March 21, 2017, 09:04:45 AM »
And then several of them played Down and Derry in the U17 Celtic Challenge games the next day....and not a sniff of player welfare concerns.

With alot of these players already dual for their club .... I hope the U17 & U18 county mentors can work better to ensure they don't flog talented players ... we all want them to be fit come summer time

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #36220 on: March 21, 2017, 09:09:11 AM »
And then several of them played Down and Derry in the U17 Celtic Challenge games the next day....and not a sniff of player welfare concerns.

With alot of these players already dual for their club .... I hope the U17 & U18 county mentors can work better to ensure they don't flog talented players ... we all want them to be fit come summer time

We are talking about 17/18 year olds......They'll be grand

johnneycool

• who loves ya baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36221 on: March 21, 2017, 09:52:53 AM »

Question, Do Antrim have any U16's on their U17 Celtic Challenge team?

I know Down have and as its meant to be a development team I don't think its right even if some of the U16's are better hurlers than some of the U17's, but as its for "development" I don't think that's the point of the exercise.

theskull1

• View Profile
« Reply #36222 on: March 21, 2017, 10:17:19 AM »
Don't believe so JC

Last Man

• View Profile
« Reply #36223 on: March 21, 2017, 10:20:29 AM »

Question, Do Antrim have any U16's on their U17 Celtic Challenge team?

I know Down have and as its meant to be a development team I don't think its right even if some of the U16's are better hurlers than some of the U17's, but as its for "development" I don't think that's the point of the exercise.
Totally correct JC but its hard to get U17s out and clubs arent that bothered about encouragement of their players leaving the mentors in a difficult position. Good U16s looking ahead to minor are generally more willing hence you see them playing up. Not an easy job taking this age group.

clootfromthe21

• View Profile
« Reply #36224 on: March 21, 2017, 11:06:43 AM »
I see the minors had a big win over Laois on Saturday, any reports on their performance?

No reports but the scorers (per twitter) were Ed McQuillan 3-0, Seann Elliott 0-6, David Kilgore 1-1 and Anton McGrath, Micheal McGreevey and Conor McHugh 0-1 each.

We were beaten by Dublin 2-17 to 0-9 the previous week. Read somewhere that was the Dublin "B" team but whether Dublin streams minors or mixes them up, I'm not sure, as Laois beat Dublin the week before that by 2-13 to 1-13.

Minors now play Westmeath in Leinster Shield Semi Final.