Author Topic: The IRISH RUGBY thread  (Read 346862 times)

LeoMc

• View Profile
Re: The IRISH RUGBY thread
« Reply #5580 on: March 19, 2017, 09:32:40 AM »
I defer to your knowledge of the game Leo, I only take a passing interest. It just seems odd that a nation which has never won a knockout World Cup game could seriously be considered one of the best teams in the world.

Furthermore it's odd that they would celebrate upon failing to win a tournament where Australia, New Zealand and South Africa didn't even participate.Maybe everyone was delighted with finishing level on points with Scotland?
Are you saying that if Derry beat Tyrone in the league it wouldn't elicit a sense of satisfaction, even though Derry would not win the All Ireland?

The Stallion

• View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: March 19, 2017, 09:49:03 AM »
I couldn't care less if Derry won the League, it's a complete irrelevance of a competition.

And it's not at all like the situation yesterday, where England were awarded the Six Nations Title at the end of the game and Irish people were giddily celebrating.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #5582 on: March 19, 2017, 09:58:29 AM »
England would have won with Ronaldo. Fellas like Mike Brown and Hartley aren't fit to polish his jockstrap.
Last of the choc-ices there now

Denn Forever

• Any means neccessary
    • View Profile
    • Malcolm x
« Reply #5583 on: March 19, 2017, 10:40:49 AM »
schadenfreude never so sweet.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: March 19, 2017, 10:52:58 AM »
I couldn't care less if Derry won the League, it's a complete irrelevance of a competition.

And it's not at all like the situation yesterday, where England were awarded the Six Nations Title at the end of the game and Irish people were giddily celebrating.

Jesus lad, you have a very sad outlook on life!!! One miserable Cnut
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

The Stallion

• View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: March 19, 2017, 11:14:21 AM »
I'm quite happy tbh. I just don't value the League as a competition, and am puzzled by the wild celebrations from Irish people after yesterday's rugby.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #5586 on: March 19, 2017, 11:26:50 AM »
I'm quite happy tbh. I just don't value the League as a competition, and am puzzled by the wild celebrations from Irish people after yesterday's rugby.

I don't think you are tbh, crowd out watching the match yesterday and it wasn't wild celebrations just celebrating Ireland winning... don't come on a thread that annoys you to get annoyed!!

Have you always been an attention seeker? I get why kids seek attention but I assume you're an adult
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

The Stallion

• View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: March 19, 2017, 11:30:01 AM »
I'm not annoyed at all. Im not seeking attention either, just attempting to understand the curious Irish celebrations.

However if you genuinely feel I am merely seeking attention please feel free to ignore my posts like others do.

johnneycool

• who loves ya baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5588 on: March 19, 2017, 11:32:01 AM »
England would have won with Ronaldo. Fellas like Mike Brown and Hartley aren't fit to polish his jockstrap.

Never so glad to see such an odious little p***k knock on at the end, karma.

As for Sexton, he does get a lot of dirty tackles where the arms aren't used, twice yesterday but in fairness to him he keeps getting wired in and was instrumental in a few turn overs.

Still think Ireland have a weakness scoring tries other than from rolling mauls.

Owen Brannigan

• View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: March 19, 2017, 11:32:41 AM »

It's not that difficult to understand the reasons for the celebration:

1. It was the English

2. Winning a proper test against the team ranked the best in the NH going for the Slam and a world record

3. Ireland played to their potential

4. Circumstances caused JS to pick almost his best team, we were proved right (all outside Dublin 4)

5. Eddie Jones

6. It was the English, Mike Brown, James Haskell, Dan Cole, Dylan Hartley, Owen Farrell, Ben Youngs, Danny Care, Joe Marler

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: March 19, 2017, 11:33:54 AM »
I'm not annoyed at all. Im not seeking attention either, just attempting to understand the curious Irish celebrations.

However if you genuinely feel I am merely seeking attention please feel free to ignore my posts like others do.

You have nothing positive about any of your posts...

You're that miserable fecker who stands in the corner of the pub that no one talks to cause you'll grind them down with your depressive views

Owen Brannigan

• View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: March 19, 2017, 11:34:24 AM »

Never so glad to see such an odious little p***k knock on at the end, karma.

As for Sexton, he does get a lot of dirty tackles where the arms aren't used, twice yesterday but in fairness to him he keeps getting wired in and was instrumental in a few turn overs.

Still think Ireland have a weakness scoring tries other than from rolling mauls.

It will continue with a JS back three of Earls, Kearney and Zebo - not at the pace and strength now needed from try scoring backs.

The Stallion

• View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: March 19, 2017, 11:41:27 AM »

You're that miserable fecker who stands in the corner of the pub that no one talks to cause you'll grind them down with your depressive views

It's completely inaccurate to say I never post anything positive. For example I posted several positive things about Ronaldo only a few days ago. Apology accepted in advance.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 12:08:24 PM by The Stallion »

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #5593 on: March 19, 2017, 11:44:52 AM »

It's completely inncurate to say I never post anything positive. For example I posted several positive things about Ronaldo only a few days ago. Apology accepted in advance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpYEJx7PkWE
Last of the choc-ices there now

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: March 19, 2017, 01:39:27 PM »

It's completely inaccurate to say I never post anything positive. For example I posted several positive things about Ronaldo only a few days ago. Apology accepted in advance.

Do positive things cause enjoyment for you? Or is it negative things? If both which gives you more enjoyment?