Author Topic: Android Boxes  (Read 87971 times)

Boycey

• View Profile
Re: Android Boxes
« Reply #1200 on: December 22, 2017, 10:54:44 PM »
Shouldnít cost any more than £20 probably less to add VOD to your IPTV.. U will hardly bother with Terrariium or the like again..

Sorry, I meant the sports on demand section as always liked the one on  SM where sporting events were more or less guaranteed to be available the following afternoon. (great for boxing and MMA)

For movies and TV there's plenty of free add ons that do the job fine.

Some of them (mine doesnít) have full catch up tv for the previous seven days so ur boxing or MMA would be guaranteed to be there..

Yeah I hear you about the movies and tv but the way I look at it is that as you know nothing stays the same for long anymore and sooner or later you will be looking for a new app or addon while with IPTV itís there all the time on the same platform with an EPG so at 20 odd quid I see it as a no brainer plus more and more Iím seeing the VOD included as standard..the VOD on mine has about 10000 items in it

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: December 22, 2017, 11:10:28 PM »
True enough, I'm on my third movies/TV add-on in about eighteen months
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Smokin Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: December 23, 2017, 09:23:04 AM »
Boycey, why do you think that IPTV will stay the same within 12 - 18 months, but that Kodi doesn't?
What's the fundamental difference?

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: December 23, 2017, 09:29:01 AM »
Kodi will be absolutely fine. It's great software.

It's the various illegal (and highly useful!) add ons that can come and go like the wind.

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: December 23, 2017, 11:12:25 AM »
Boycey, why do you think that IPTV will stay the same within 12 - 18 months, but that Kodi doesn't?
What's the fundamental difference?

As Gallsman says theres nought wrong with Kodi but the add-ons and their creators seem to be under pressure. I posted a link a couple of pages back that gives a bit of background. The content will always be on the internet but without these addons to trawl the internet to find and present the links to us in a convenient manner we'd never find it..

Currently the IPTV providers will have the content stored on their own servers and I think its worth a small premium to be able to access it along side your sport/live tv and without having to fire up another device and remote to do it :-)

The problems IPTV is having with the Premier League block in the UK suggests that it might have a limited shelf life too but currently its hard to knock.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: December 23, 2017, 12:02:05 PM »
Which is perfect when you live outside the UK  ;)

Dougal Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: December 23, 2017, 08:22:06 PM »
I got an android box but have found it difficult to set up as the remote is quite hard to use. Can I use a genetic wireless keyboard instead? If so is it straightforward to pair.  The IPTV epg doesn't look as good as the ZGemma.
Careful now

FL/MAYO

• View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: December 23, 2017, 08:26:31 PM »
I got an android box but have found it difficult to set up as the remote is quite hard to use. Can I use a genetic wireless keyboard instead? If so is it straightforward to pair.  The IPTV epg doesn't look as good as the ZGemma.

I use the Android TV remote App on my phone to work my way around the Nvidia.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: December 23, 2017, 08:41:44 PM »
I don't think that will work with the standard Chinese android boxes that most people get off Amazon. They just run Android ported onto a box whereas the Shield actually runs Android TV.

Dougal, I'm surprised your box didn't come with one but you can buy a Bluetooth keyboard cheap enough, assuming your box has a USB port to take it.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: December 24, 2017, 12:55:46 AM »
Set my IPTV up using Perfect Player this evening. Definitely preferable to Kodi although will take a while to get used to navigating the channel groups. Haven't quite got the EPG working yet.

galwayman

• View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: December 24, 2017, 12:22:56 PM »
Set my IPTV up using Perfect Player this evening. Definitely preferable to Kodi although will take a while to get used to navigating the channel groups. Haven't quite got the EPG working yet.
I have it on a Vu+ box and also on the fire tv stick with Perfecf Player.
The Vu+ box experience is nice and smooth.
Finding the interface of Perfect Player a pain tho I have to say.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: December 24, 2017, 02:35:42 PM »
I use Mag 256 box. Designed for iptv. Much superior to any satellite box I've used and very easy to set up and navigate. They cost around 80 euro I think.

heffo

• View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: January 15, 2018, 07:22:52 PM »

It's the various illegal (and highly useful!) add ons that can come and go like the wind.

Haven't used my box in months, updated it to 16 there - what Add ons for tv/films are still working?

Cheers..

MoChara

• View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: Today at 09:46:34 AM »

Haven't used my box in months, updated it to 16 there - what Add ons for tv/films are still working?

Cheers..

I don't even use Kodi any more best thing is to download the terrarium tv App, or use Showbox/Megabox.