Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 1576392 times)

bannside

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #13605 on: March 20, 2017, 12:53:10 PM »
Well if the money isn't there it isn't there CB so what do you want the county treasurer to do.

You may wish to know that another Saffron Business Forum breakfast is planned for next week, and that a business dinner in the Ramada in May has sold out with 550 people paying  60 to attend.

That's what the executive are doing. Plenty of honest endeavour to turn a corner financially (or even just chip away at the never ending defecit). I'd say that's a really difficult task they have but sure let's bang on about not getting a sandwich.

Get up ten minutes early and get your own for goodness sake!
Is it really too hard to ask an elite athlete  (or someone aspiring to that status) to take responsibility for their own nutrition?

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #13606 on: March 20, 2017, 01:11:03 PM »
Well if the money isn't there it isn't there CB so what do you want the county treasurer to do.

You may wish to know that another Saffron Business Forum breakfast is planned for next week, and that a business dinner in the Ramada in May has sold out with 550 people paying  60 to attend.

That's what the executive are doing. Plenty of honest endeavour to turn a corner financially (or even just chip away at the never ending defecit). I'd say that's a really difficult task they have but sure let's bang on about not getting a sandwich.

Get up ten minutes early and get your own for goodness sake!
Is it really too hard to ask an elite athlete  (or someone aspiring to that status) to take responsibility for their own nutrition?
Aye right BS u trying to tell me that if one ur lads had endured such in  development squad u would not have held up your hand in protestations !
Please. !

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #13607 on: March 20, 2017, 01:53:41 PM »
If my sons came home from development squad training to say they were off on Saturday at a blitz etc and they were getting a meal on the way home but coach asked them all to make sure to have a substantial breakfast and being a few sandwiches plus a drink with them I wouldn't have batted an eyelid. In fact I would probably have been up early to make a good fry or something!

Now if they weren't getting anything post event I would say sandwich and a drink to be provided by the county is minimum fayre.

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
« Reply #13608 on: March 20, 2017, 01:57:43 PM »
Surley theres a rake of Mammies somewhere busting to make aload of sandwiches?

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #13609 on: March 20, 2017, 02:13:47 PM »
A friend of mine whose son is 15 plays for a local soccer club, they went to a blitz 2 weeks ago in Lisburn, they got a text from the coaches saying that they were leaving at 8.30am and wouldn't be back until after 3pm and that a Breakfast and Lunch would be provided by the club. When they got the clubrooms of the club, there was toast, cereal and fruit provided for both parents and children. Its the small things like that which create a good impression of the organisation. I feel we are being left behind in terms of this and I'm not talking about a full rig out of O'Neills gear. I'm not doubting that funds are tight but if we try to invest in our future then we may stand a chance. Maybe the SV will change these kinda things, I dunno..

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 02:21:18 PM by paddyjohn »

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #13610 on: March 20, 2017, 02:21:41 PM »
Surley theres a rake of Mammies somewhere busting to make aload of sandwiches?

Anything but egg n onion..

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #13611 on: March 20, 2017, 03:30:02 PM »
I remember playing against Derry in the first round of an under 16 or minor tournament. They turned up in full tracksuits, bags, full kits etc. We ran out with our club gear on and these fruit of the loom yellow t-shirts. All the other teams we played that day were very similar and we were the poor relations. That was a right while ago and things still haven't changed. Saying that it will take a while for this current committee to change things, so will have to give them a chance.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13612 on: March 20, 2017, 08:15:32 PM »
I remember playing against Derry in the first round of an under 16 or minor tournament. They turned up in full tracksuits, bags, full kits etc. We ran out with our club gear on and these fruit of the loom yellow t-shirts. All the other teams we played that day were very similar and we were the poor relations. That was a right while ago and things still haven't changed. Saying that it will take a while for this current committee to change things, so will have to give them a chance.

And did we play shit because of it??
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #13613 on: March 20, 2017, 08:19:52 PM »
I'd say he still gets a wear out of the Fruit of the Loom top. You know what them Aghagallon boys are like.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
« Reply #13614 on: March 20, 2017, 08:37:56 PM »
I'd say he still gets a wear out of the Fruit of the Loom top. You know what them Aghagallon boys are like.

its now says ' uit of the loo'

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #13615 on: March 20, 2017, 08:53:02 PM »
Time to get the camper van out and make a few quid! Just follow the county teams about and make some pastie baps !

Was on the way down to Kilkenny a while back and the Antrim footballers where heading to Offaly on the Saturday, they managed to get food from the Applegreen at Lusk, they looked well hydrated and nourished...

Didn't do them any good!
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #13616 on: March 20, 2017, 09:22:08 PM »
Take a walk up the Falls road on Saturday morning or in Andytown and you will see a lot of young lads kitted out in their soccer club garb, where they are treated well, and no wonder we lose them with the attitude forthcoming from some.
When was the last year South Antrim won nothing at all in football as in 2017....oh wait they did earn a div 3 league title and just for the craic when did they last take a senior hurling title back home to Belfast ?
Our games or most certainly on the wane in the second largest city in Ireland both in able participation and indeed as spectators......and few it seems care. ???

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #13617 on: March 20, 2017, 09:31:38 PM »

It was during the time that Trevor Giles cut the sleeves off his tops. So of course we all cut the sleeves off our tops and played the tournament like Trevor Giles. We did get fed that day though  ;)

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #13618 on: March 20, 2017, 09:39:40 PM »

No but as a 16-18 year old you do look on in envy. Young lads don't have the same attitude as fellas in their 30s and talk about playing for the pride of the jersey. Of course pride of playing for their county plays a part, but if they don't think they're getting treated the same as their mates in other counties then of course they're not going try as hard. I don't see why fellas on the underage county teams can't get socks, shorts and a training top ffs. How do other counties do it?

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #13619 on: March 20, 2017, 09:45:18 PM »

No but as a 16-18 year old you do look on in envy. Young lads don't have the same attitude as fellas in their 30s and talk about playing for the pride of the jersey. Of course pride of playing for their county plays a part, but if they don't think they're getting treated the same as their mates in other counties then of course they're not going try as hard. I don't see why fellas on the underage county teams can't get socks, shorts and a training top ffs. How do other counties do it?

Funding