Author Topic: Arlene and The Renewable Heat Incentive  (Read 53549 times)

AQMP

• View Profile
Re: Arlene and The Renewable Heat Incentive
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2016, 09:47:00 AM »
Hebron Free Presbyterian Church in Ballymoney is a beneficiary of RHI.  One of the church elders is Mervyn Storey MLA - a DUP minister in the previous Executive.

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/dup-mla-i-d-no-role-in-270k-church-rhi-boiler-1-7726011

MoChara

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2016, 10:01:45 AM »
Hebron Free Presbyterian Church in Ballymoney is a beneficiary of RHI.  One of the church elders is Mervyn Storey MLA - a DUP minister in the previous Executive.

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/dup-mla-i-d-no-role-in-270k-church-rhi-boiler-1-7726011

This whole thing stinks, its a wonder they thought it would be got away with.

muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2016, 10:26:38 AM »

Politics is all about leverage and deals.

If McGuinness and co agree to turn a blind eye in return for agreement on, for example, no border, then great. This might have been worth it.
MWWSI 2017

Last Man

• You wont like it when i get angry
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2016, 10:28:51 AM »
Are there many bio mass fuel suppliers to avail of? Balcas in Fermanagh must be a big player and stand fo do well out of all of this.

Dougal Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2016, 06:58:45 PM »

What's the issue with that Church getting it if they met the eligibility criteria and aren't abusing the scheme
Careful now

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2016, 08:15:48 PM »
it will be also comfort to know that every Ferrari that pulls out of the showroom at Charles Hurst motors will have been stored at a cosy temperature. Courtesy of you know who? Yes, we the tax payer.

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2016, 08:38:21 PM »
Arlene the bitter bitch needs roaded for this disaster!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Dougal Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2016, 08:57:27 PM »
it will be also comfort to know that every Ferrari that pulls out of the showroom at Charles Hurst motors will have been stored at a cosy temperature. Courtesy of you know who? Yes, we the tax payer.
Not good not good at all. Community groups and charitable organisations is one thing but that's ridiculous
Careful now

BarryBreensBandage

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2016, 09:49:58 PM »

Politics is all about leverage and deals.

If McGuinness and co agree to turn a blind eye in return for agreement on, for example, no border, then great. This might have been worth it.

That or else in the coming days we may find out it was a free for all and connections from both sides stuck the hand in. I can't believe Sinn Fein haven't gone for the jugular on this one, which makes me question why they aren't. Pearse Doherty and Mary Lou certainly would have if it had have been in the South.

The most worrying thing about it is, for all his bigotry and biased mentality, Jim Allister's comments on the folly of the power sharing in NI seems to be closer to the truth than expected.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2016, 10:12:28 PM »
They haven't went for the jugular on that red sky thing either. They rarely do.

BarryBreensBandage

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2016, 10:15:34 PM »
Fair point
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Take Your Points

• View Profile

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2016, 11:38:11 AM »
Nothing sticks with Politicians anymore!!

If Trump and UKIP can blunder their way through successful campaigns then surely why can't anyone survive a political scandal anymore??

The fact the Shinners are keeping so quiet about it makes me think they're up to their necks with members being a part of the RHI scheme as well!!

Take Your Points

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2016, 12:08:04 PM »
Nothing sticks with Politicians anymore!!

If Trump and UKIP can blunder their way through successful campaigns then surely why can't anyone survive a political scandal anymore??

The fact the Shinners are keeping so quiet about it makes me think they're up to their necks with members being a part of the RHI scheme as well!!

In N.Ireland, if there is a scheme to get money from the public purse it is part of the psyche to get in as quick a possible and for as much as possible.  It is the way we are, getting every subsidy that comes available.  I would venture to say that the nationalist community has the edge over their unionist cousins when it comes to this.  Their subservient attitude to the crown as its subjects still lingers.  So expect that both sides have mates who have the hottest chicken and sheds in the world and to hell with global warming as long as the money rolls in every month.

Check out the super happy faces on this site in Enniskillen: http://www.brites.eu

BTW every business bought a boiler costing around £20K t0 £30K so the payback time will still be significant depending on how inefficient the boiler is:

Pellets:  £120 per tonne bulk
Subsidy: £192 per tonne
Profit:£72 per tonne burnt
Breakeven point: £25,000/£72 = 347 tonnes

Now it depends on the burn rate, anyone have a clue?  Solmatix (boiler sales) say 3/5 years.

Check out these happy faces at Warmflow:http://www.investni.com/news/lisburn-company-warmflow-engineering-praised-for-focus-on-r-d.html

« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 12:11:19 PM by Take Your Points »

Take Your Points

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2016, 12:10:25 PM »
Any civil servant or minister can go to this site and see how the RHI scheme works:

http://www.solmatix.com/products/biomass-boilers/

With oil and gas prices in a state of flux, increasing numbers of businesses, farmers and home owners are looking for a secure, low cost way to heat their premises.  The answer is a Biomass Boiler from Solmatix.

Our wood pellet-burning Biomass Boilers offer a cost-effective way to massively reduce your heating bills.  The guaranteed grant income means that in real terms, you get FREE heat plus a significant financial reward.

Why it pays to go Biomass
Whether you are running a business, managing a farm or heating a home, there are three vital reasons why you should go Biomass:

The cost of Biomass fuel is considerably less volatile than oil or gas, and unlike these dwindling fossil fuels, wood pellets are a renewable energy with a secure supply
Our Biomass boilers operate up to 93% efficiency and can massively out-perform oil or gas (a typical non-condensing fossil boiler may only be 70% efficient).  So your biomass boiler delivers much more heat for every pound you spend on fuel
Under the Governmentís NI Renewable Heat Incentive (NI RHI) scheme, you will receive regular grant payments when you install a biomass boiler generating renewable heat
Unlike oil, your Biomass boiler will pay for itself.   The combination of heating cost savings and guaranteed grant income means your boiler will soon cover its cost, typically in 3 to 5 years. And isnít it good to know youíre using a sustainable fuel, with minimal impact on the environment!

Long-term fuel security
When it comes to fuel costs, one thing is certain.  Fossil fuel reserves are dwindling, so oil and gas prices will rise.  Of course, wood pellet costs will rise too, but viewed over the last 15 years, the cost of oil and gas has risen THREE TIMES HIGHER than wood pellets.

What is more, by taking out a fixed term (i.e.20 years) biomass fuel contract, you can future-proof your fuel costs in line with inflation and your RHI grant income.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 12:14:16 PM by Take Your Points »