Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 4467721 times)

Up The Middle

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #35490 on: August 11, 2017, 08:15:26 AM »
That's great news about Skeet?
Has he played much for Clonoe?
How long was he out for in total?
Injured back in January, so out for just under 7 months. Dont think hes been back out for Clonoe yet, open to correction on that.

No he hasnt played for Clonoe since the injury. He is back in full training, some recovery, just hope he isnt coming back too soon. Usually a lot of niggly injuries follow a cruciate injury. Hes certainly young enough and looks after himself well enough to make a full recovery.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

skeog

• View Profile
« Reply #35491 on: August 11, 2017, 01:33:57 PM »
Be next year imo before he will be back.Hope he has better recovery than Conor Clarke who never got back after coming back to quick imo.

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35492 on: August 11, 2017, 03:13:12 PM »
Be next year imo before he will be back.Hope he has better recovery than Conor Clarke who never got back after coming back to quick imo.

Conor was playing for Omagh reserves in the championship the other week. His injury came at a horrible time for him as he was starting to play a big role for Tyrone. However, you could argue that his (limited) mobility may not have matched the system we currently play.
2011 National League Spreads Champion

on the sideline

• View Profile
« Reply #35493 on: August 15, 2017, 02:07:53 PM »
Very little word of the Junior Championship on here.
Big win for Owen Roes who have Fintona up next. The Pearses were very impressive in the first half against Drumragh on Sunday evening but visibly tired as the game wore on.  They'll need a full game at the level of the first half if they are to pull of a shock win - but Owen Roes will need to guard against complacency. 
Tattyreagh will have to count themselves lucky to still be in the hat.  Thought Beragh out played them and outdid them tactically on Sunday. Though it was glaringly obvious where the Beragh scoring threat was coming from, the Tatts line seemed very slow to do anything about it and it very nearly cost them. You'd expect them to learn the most lessons for the replay. Have to say young Jack Campbell at full forward for Beragh was outstanding.
Clogher had a big win after establishing a commanding half time lead and have picked up momentum in the league recently.  Brockagh had a good win over Bracakaville and will be fancying their chances of making a push.
Clan na Gael have a lot of their experienced heads back on board and will be a hard to team to beat. Their forward line looks a lot more dangerous than at any time over the past 3 or 4 years but the key will be keeping those men fit. They have Drumquin next I think and will be fancying their chances against the Wolfe Tones who knocked Kileeshil out at the weekend.

Have Derrytresk played yet? Is it Errigal thirds they have? If so that Errigal thirds team have a lot of good players on board this year and are capable of causing a shock result there. But Derrytresk would certainly be favourites on paper.

Onthe40

• View Profile
« Reply #35494 on: August 15, 2017, 02:13:25 PM »
Owen Roes must be strong favorites for a double?  As far as I know half of Derrytresks team are in the US of A for the summer so wouldnt be a shock if errigal pulled of a victory there...