Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 4100510 times)

tothetop03

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #34830 on: April 26, 2017, 12:43:45 PM »
In our first game v Donaghmore we where defensive and played a sweeper...we scored 1-5 in an hour....v Greencastle and Killyclogher we played 15 on 15 no sweepers or mass defense we scored 1-19 and 1-16 in 2 very open games....

redhandefender

• View Profile
« Reply #34831 on: April 26, 2017, 02:24:20 PM »
I never see any club games any more as live in Dublin but from the games played so far are there some teams moving away from the overly defensive systems and lining out more traditionally?

I think you are buying in to the southern media fella, some big teams might employ that against certain teams they need to stop and certainly some teams will still play with a sweeper if needs be but I don't think it has ever been a widespread thing in tyrone. Games I have seen have all been enjoyable.

Are you deluded?  We played Pomeroy, Killyclogher and Strabane to date and everyone one of them used very defensive systems.  Its leaving games hard to watch.

Deluded in what sense? How do you know what games I have watched. Pomeroy are only up of course they were gonna try go defensive, strabane had just been destroyed the week before so had to go defensive I don't know about killyclogher. I always found your games hard to watch to be fair, they are generally more about brute strength and defence than football

Carmenalways

• View Profile
« Reply #34832 on: April 26, 2017, 10:34:26 PM »
'Generally more about brute strength'.....what does that mean? More nonsense I suspect. Most if not all games in Tyrone now are about defence imo. Don't put yourself through it anymore redhand just don't go to carmen games. ::)

Carmen Stateside

• View Profile
« Reply #34833 on: April 26, 2017, 10:37:09 PM »
I would be very interested to hear what games you were at Redhanddefender???  Let the rest of the county experience these enjoyable encounters!

redhandefender

• View Profile
« Reply #34834 on: April 26, 2017, 11:12:19 PM »
'Generally more about brute strength'.....what does that mean? More nonsense I suspect. Most if not all games in Tyrone now are about defence imo. Don't put yourself through it anymore redhand just don't go to carmen games. ::)

It means more about physically than footballing skill. I will try not to but I do enjoy seeing county carrickmore beat