Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General discussion / Re: Tim McGarry Ulster-Scots
« Last post by Itchy on Today at 10:42:01 PM »
Anyone hear this Ulster scots native speaker on radio this week...

https://twitter.com/LADFLEG/status/920742992872214528?s=08
General discussion / Re: Ophelia
« Last post by Main Street on Today at 10:33:42 PM »
JoG2,

Yes, I understand that. But my view on that was that not only are the conditions perilous, but the high winds make it perilous for others who might have to come and rescue you. So it's not just about you doing something dangerous, it's about you potentially getting someone else do do something dangerous to help you. I think it shows a bit of disregard for others.

In the normal course of events, Extreme Sports are not banned, so there is an acceptance that some lunatics (:) ) might have to be rescued, but at least the conditions for the rescue itself are not necessarily as dangerous as last Monday.

I suppose I'm trying to see this through the extreme folks eyes. They'd have read the charts and seen that the east coast was fairly hairy, but nothing worse than many other days on the coast up until late afternoon when the storm kicks in a bit more. You'd be fairly certain no-one would have ventured in down in West Cork at dawn.
Those 2 wind surfers didn't need rescuing, it was a false alarm. They were already on shore before the rescue team got there.
Meanwhile 3 men on a 10m yacht had to be rescued by the Rosslare lifeboat with 10 volunteers aboard who had to bear the brunt of force 9 and a 6m swell to get to them.
Planes were being allowed to attempt landings at Dublin Airport in wind speeds way above the red line danger mark, endangering the lives of all aboard.
Don't people think that just a little bit odd?
Tyrone / Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Last post by redzone on Today at 10:23:20 PM »
Not writing him off, but he's struggling at the minute. Hopefully a gets back to his best shortly
Looking at the Super 8's could the Ulster final turn into two teams trying to lose to avoid playing Dublin?

Doubt that, since Dublin will have to be faced at some stage within the 'Super 8s' -- might be something to be said for facing them sooner rather than later, given that they'll (Ulster & Leinster) be kept apart in the semis (in 2018).

Sure Offaly will have sent them into the qualifiers at that stage.

Apologies, taking FAR TOO much for granted there!  ;)
Tyrone / Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Last post by longballin on Today at 10:17:20 PM »
monaghan at home in ulster first round next year. will be a good chance to test out our new gameplan next year.

:D Dubs trembling
Laois / Re: Newspaper Items
« Last post by Don Draper on Today at 10:16:25 PM »
f**k that if it's true. He should be involved at some level with the county. Its a joke that a man with his passion is not involved.

Course he should be involved with Laois,but you could hardly fault him,if Dublin came looking and he said yes.
He won’t
General discussion / Re: Android Boxes
« Last post by AZOffaly on Today at 10:16:03 PM »
Covenant is the new exodus, that’s all I know!
GAA Discussion / Re: Provincial Championship Draws 2018 tonight
« Last post by LooseCannon on Today at 10:15:28 PM »
The dubs will need 5 men alone to stop Allen. Ruairí that is.
General discussion / Re: Android Boxes
« Last post by Boycey on Today at 10:15:14 PM »
What’s working and not on Kodi?  I’ve not used it since I got IPTV as it has all the Live sports/boxsets I need. The mrs however who’s not a great tv watcher in fairness just can’t figure it out  ::). She was able to use Kodi on the android box I had so was going to update it for her to catch up with her series over the long winter nights. Do Real Debrid and trakt still work?

Thanks in advance, it’s only a few months since I used it but I know it’ll have changed considerably
Tyrone / Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Last post by southtyronegael on Today at 10:14:20 PM »
monaghan at home in ulster first round next year. will be a good chance to test out our new gameplan next year.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10