Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 8434729 times)

Red Hand Man

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #56985 on: April 02, 2017, 11:48:29 PM »
I'm not following the young Harte question?

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #56986 on: April 02, 2017, 11:50:04 PM »
Oh dear, that is more Division 4 level!

Red Hand Man

• View Profile
« Reply #56987 on: April 02, 2017, 11:52:38 PM »
You've lost me

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #56988 on: April 03, 2017, 12:04:40 AM »
I noticed. Perhaps spend more time elsewhere? Pomeroy maybe?

Red Hand Man

• View Profile
« Reply #56989 on: April 03, 2017, 08:01:09 AM »
Again, you've lost me.  Mark Harte left Pomeroy to take up the role in Ballinderry. What's your point?

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #56990 on: April 03, 2017, 08:06:50 AM »
When did he "leave"?

Red Hand Man

• View Profile
« Reply #56991 on: April 03, 2017, 08:44:03 AM »
After Pomeroys defeat in the all Ireland intermediate semi final.

Estimator

• St. Colm's Ballinascreen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56992 on: April 03, 2017, 09:21:15 AM »
Looking at the league tables in the Irish News, its horrible reading. 
Derry conceded 11 goals, only Fermanagh and Offaly conceded more goals.
Derry conceded 103 points, only Roscommon, Laois and London conceded more points.
Our score difference of -34 was equal to Wicklow and just Roscommon (-46) and London (-53) faired worse.
All the evidence points a bigger margin of victory for Tyrone in the first round of the C'ship.
Ulster League Champions 2009

gaafan2

• View Profile
« Reply #56993 on: April 03, 2017, 09:35:19 AM »
If the players had a forum to give constructive criticism about the management, that might be more interesting. Anyway stop "gurning" about 'fans' if you don't like "gurning"! Fans follow soccer. Like many on this forum, I am GAA to the core, always was always will be, but also entitled to my view. And as for Red Hand Man, was young Harte "roaded" from your club system? Derry defensive? Not really or we wouldn't be in Division 3!

"roaded"??? him and O'Donnell chose to leave after we won Ulster, the reason being they wouldn't manage a team against Errigal Ciaran. We'd have been delighted had they stayed on!!

Red Hand Man

• View Profile
« Reply #56994 on: April 03, 2017, 10:01:18 AM »
Exactly. Don't know what point this guy is trying to make.

echoleafy

• View Profile
« Reply #56995 on: April 03, 2017, 10:44:50 AM »
Barton should be axed with immediate affect

Red Hand Man

• View Profile
« Reply #56996 on: April 03, 2017, 10:52:15 AM »
And who takes over?

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #56997 on: April 03, 2017, 11:10:09 AM »
And who takes over?

it doesn't work like that in here. You give out about systems, player selection, management team, the filling in the post match sandwiches, but offer little to no alternatives.

It's a fairly depressing time to be a Derry (county) football man. I've only missed the one game so far this year due to a club clash, but that's what our usual gang do and it's even better now as my youngest buck has joined the travelling group. We'll do the same next year in Div 3. On Barton, he'll see out the season and baring an ambush of biblical proportions at CP against Tyrone, will be very lucky to be kept on for a 3rd year. I'm not one for knee jerk reactions and shouting for the dismissal of a man mid-season, but if a new man (and this is all hypothetical) was brought in, meaning the likes of Sean Leo, Liam, Sammy etc returned, Skinner accommodated (we need the best players wearing the red and white), then you'd be mad not to consider a change right now. As I said all hypothetical and Barton and co are probably busting themselves to make it work, it's just not happening for them.

Rawhide

• View Profile
« Reply #56998 on: April 03, 2017, 11:51:41 AM »
Its a shame on those players who would not represent the county, all the focus on management, but its as much about the players who don't honour our county team, no respect for them at all.
There is not to many things I agree with TFAL on,, but on this he is absolutely correct, name a manager that won an All Ireland, in other words its the players, they have to be good enough, and its also the reverse, name a manger who relegated the team, in other words its the players who aren't good enough and the disgusting non commitment from players who are good enough but gone awol with no honour. We have some excuse for men in this county who think they can ball, but only on there terms. One thing I will say for Scullion and Barton, they never fecked off if they didn't like a manager of things in the camp weren't as rosy as one might want. Played through thick and thin.
cccc is a true supporter lol

redhandofgod

• View Profile
« Reply #56999 on: April 03, 2017, 12:25:53 PM »
Tony Scullion quit Pomeroy a few seasons ago mid-season when Burns and McGeary went to America for the summer!!