Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 6827440 times)

The Stallion

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #56970 on: March 17, 2017, 03:20:14 PM »
You seem to have an unhealthy interest in my whereabouts. Odd behaviour.

Mrs mills

• View Profile
« Reply #56971 on: March 17, 2017, 03:31:09 PM »
I'm just imploring you to find the positives in Derry's attempts to do us proud. It's too easy to see everything as a big black cloud. Look for the plus points on Sunday and delight in them. You'll be much the better for it.

fiftyfiftyball

• View Profile
« Reply #56972 on: March 17, 2017, 04:15:34 PM »
Yes. Great win for the convent boys in the McRory cup. Some investment to bring in young Devlin to train them. Have to give it to Derry County Board too. I hear they pay half of his salary. Not too often I praise them lol. St Pius's will be kicking themselves today. Heard they  had the chance to have Devlin at their school for football and turned him down. Bad decision there boys. Yous could be bringing the McLarnon cup home too.

Great win surely for st Mary's. Well done. I think st PiusX did as well as they could.  Mclarnon as hard as the macrory to win these days. Ballygawley looked very good. Canavan a class act.

Rawhide

• View Profile
« Reply #56973 on: March 17, 2017, 05:41:50 PM »
Yes. Great win for the convent boys in the McRory cup. Some investment to bring in young Devlin to train them. Have to give it to Derry County Board too. I hear they pay half of his salary. Not too often I praise them lol. St Pius's will be kicking themselves today. Heard they  had the chance to have Devlin at their school for football and turned him down. Bad decision there boys. Yous could be bringing the McLarnon cup home too.

Great win surely for st Mary's. Well done. I think st PiusX did as well as they could.  Mclarnon as hard as the macrory to win these days. Ballygawley looked very good. Canavan a class act.

Are you implying the Mc Larnon is at the same level of football as Mc Rory?

fiftyfiftyball

• View Profile
« Reply #56974 on: March 17, 2017, 05:53:57 PM »

Are you implying the Mc Larnon is at the same level of football as Mc Rory?

No im not but it's not far away. The gap is a lot closer. Both st pius and st Ciaran's ballygalway played st Mary's in challenge matches earlier In the year and I believe they were very close. I meant the same preparations/training and how close in ability teams are.

Rawhide

• View Profile
« Reply #56975 on: March 17, 2017, 05:59:15 PM »
The big difference between Magherafelt/ Convent and St Pius is the effort the teachers in the two Mac Rory schools put into coaching the lads after school and at weekends. In fact it's been talked about in south Derry how poorly Gaa is served in St Pius'

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #56976 on: March 17, 2017, 06:27:47 PM »
The big difference between Magherafelt/ Convent and St Pius is the effort the teachers in the two Mac Rory schools put into coaching the lads after school and at weekends. In fact it's been talked about in south Derry how poorly Gaa is served in St Pius'

Well done to st marys, kevin brady and eunan conway did a great job there. Hard luck to slaughtneil, the man advantage for crokes was just too much. Thought the ref didn't do slaughtneil any favours but crokes were maybe just the better team on the day.

Mrs mills

• View Profile
« Reply #56977 on: March 17, 2017, 06:42:31 PM »
Tough on Slaughtneil. O'Leary hit Cassidy a slap on the head while he was down and the midfielder reacted to that. Linesman didn't spot the slap.
By the way Lenny, why did you include Rawhide's quote in your post?

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #56978 on: March 17, 2017, 06:59:11 PM »
Thems the breaks Millsy. A huge turning point. Slaughtneil ran out of steam and Se manning midfield their main target man taken out of the equation. Christ but Crokes were allowed to get away with some cynicism today, would love to see the foul count. Crokes no 2 was a lucky boy, kicked Mehaul McGrath right in front of us along the 20m with about 20 to go. Thems the breaks!

Heads up the Robbies, great ambassadors for the county. Youse will be back

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #56979 on: March 17, 2017, 07:02:18 PM »
Tough on Slaughtneil. O'Leary hit Cassidy a slap on the head while he was down and the midfielder reacted to that. Linesman didn't spot the slap.
By the way Lenny, why did you include Rawhide's quote in your post?

Didn't mean to, was just commenting on the football today.

The Stallion

• View Profile
« Reply #56980 on: March 17, 2017, 07:04:48 PM »
Odd how the cynicism only gets mentioned when Slaughtneil are on the receiving end of it. Crokes were very cynical,  and it was horrible to watch, but Slaughtneil employ similar tactics on a regular basis. At least be consistent in complaining about it rather than letting your clear bias influence when you speak out.

DERRYSFINEST

• View Profile
« Reply #56981 on: March 17, 2017, 10:35:32 PM »
Hard luck to Slaughtneil today, sad end to a great journey. However there achilles heel over the years of bad discipline came back to haunt them today. That's what will annoy Mickey Moran the most tonight. He thought he had stamped that out of them.

Congratulations to the convent. History makers.

Estimator

• St. Colm's Ballinascreen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56982 on: March 18, 2017, 12:22:53 AM »

St Mary's advertised a post for a Gaelic Football Coaching officer last summer. Nowhere was it specified that this role would be funded in any way by the County Board. Devlin applied for, and got the job, St Pius X have nothing to do with it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 12:26:19 AM by Estimator »
Ulster League Champions 2009

Glenman93

• View Profile
« Reply #56983 on: March 18, 2017, 06:59:15 AM »

St Mary's advertised a post for a Gaelic Football Coaching officer last summer. Nowhere was it specified that this role would be funded in any way by the County Board. Devlin applied for, and got the job, St Pius X have nothing to do with it.

You seem to know your stuff estimator. But do you not know that before jobs go into papers they have to be discussed. I heard that the county board approached both schools and the coordinator was to work between the 2 schools.

Mrs mills

• View Profile
« Reply #56984 on: March 19, 2017, 10:18:01 AM »
Good luck to Derry today. Looking forward to meeting up with Stallion and wildweasel here. In the N83 boys, catch Mass in the Cathedral and a bite to eat in the Galway Roast. Make sure you've packed your bagful of criticism.